Hello guys, today I’m going to share a guide on How to Flash Custom ROMs on Android Device. Android operating system is bundled with countless functions and feature but stock ROMs restricts many feature of it. When you purchase any android smartphone it comes with Stock ROM or Stock Firmware which are developed with restricted function and features which are enough for a normal phone user but is not sufficient for a android addicted user who want to customize their smartphones thoroughly. Checkout previously shared articles on latest version of GB WhatsApp and SMS Bomber – Text Message Bomber For Prank with Your Friends. When you install custom ROM on android, it provides a lot of customization options and this is the main reason that android users are more in number as compared to windows or ios. Custom ROM provides better user interface, good performance, extra function and feature which are restricted in stock ROM. You have multiple options of custom ROMs to choose from and install in your device and make sure your android has good development level on XDA. Also read How to Replace Kingroot with SuperSu Easily and How to Unlock Pattern Lock Without Data Loss on Android Device.
Basically, in terms of customization you can change or tweak almost everything you want. You can change user interface, font style, Increase battery life with Greenify app, icons, launcher, change Boot Animation on Android Devices, etc. By using these different customization you can enhance the look of your smartphone and one thing you can even get iOS user interface too and get feel of an iPhone in your android but an iPhone user can’t get feel of an android in their smartphone. Have look on How to Install Phoenix OS on your PC? That’s why android is the best operating system for an smartphone and it is widely used all over the world and no one can beat the androids function and features in terms of customization. Checkout trick to create a WhatsApp Account with US Number and How to Hide WhatsApp Images & Videos From Gallery in Android or iPhone.
What is Custom ROM?
Custom ROM is the modded version of stock ROM built with including additional functions and features in it. Since, Custom ROM is a modified version of stock ROM, it is different for different android phones. You can’t install custom ROM of any other android device in your device and if you flash custom ROM of any other device in yours then it may cause error in running some hardware or functions properly or it may end up with bricking your device. Checkout How to Install Dolby Atmos in any android phone and Download Spotify Premium Apk to get premium features of spotify music..
Why to Flash a Custom ROM?
One of the most important reason for why users prefer to install custom ROMs over stock ROM is to get the android version update which is not provided by the manufacturer of their android. Another reason for switching to custom ROM from stock ROM is get rid of the stock ROMs limitations and to complete customization of your smartphone according to your choice. And one thing, users who don’t want latest android version and customization for their phone, they don’t go for custom ROM and prefer stock ROM as well as want to remain their phone same as it came out of the box. Checkout How to Make Fake WhatsApp Conversation and Check Who Visited Your WhatsApp Profile Today.
Requirements Before Flashing Custom ROM in Android Device
- Rooted Android Phone: Before installing custom ROM your phone must be rooted. If your phone is not rooted checkout this article on How to Root Android Phone within few minutes.
- Unlocked Bootloader: Before flashing custom ROM your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked. If your phone’s bootloader is locked you need to unlock it first. To unlock bootloader of your android phone, go to XDA Forum and search for how to unlock the bootloader of your phone.
- Custom Recovery: You need to install a custom recovery on your device before flashing a custom ROM because you can’t flash custom without custom recovery. To install custom recovery checkout this article on How to flash custom recovery with flashify.
Checkout best app to Take Picture of Person Trying to Unlock Your Phone Secretly.
Precautions Before Installing Custom ROM in Android
- Keep your phone charged at least more than 60% before flashing custom ROM.
- Make backup of your phone’s data because you will loose all your apps and data while flashing custom ROM. So,
- Backup all of your data like apps, sms, contact, call logs, calendar, etc with any backup app. I recommend to follow the step given in this article on Backup & Restore all data of any android phone or to flash custom ROM without loosing data checkout this article on How to Flash Custom ROM without losing data.
- Backup your stock ROM and keep it ready with you. As you know flashing custom ROM is a bit risky, so in case if anything goes wrong you will able to flash stock ROM immediately to revert back your stock ROM.
Also read how to Create Unlimited Facebook Accounts Without Mobile Numbers.
How to Flash Custom ROM in Android with TWRP Rcovery
Flashing custom ROM is a complicated process, so if you are newbie then just read the instructions properly, understand that and then perform that to your device; because many users who are not familiar with this kind of stuff they make mistakes sometime while flashing new custom ROM. To get a custom ROM you can search for your android device custom ROM availability on XDA Forum.
So let’s have a look on how to flash custom ROM in android device with the help of TWRP Recovery mode. If you have other custom recovery like CWM or PHIZ installed in your device, then also you can follow the same steps from below. So let’s begin step by step process for flashing Custom ROM in Android.
- First of all download the Custom ROM of your device according to your choice from above given link and put that in your rooted phone’s internal or sd card which is recommended for your device accordingly.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode by using your phones key combination, to get phones key combination details you can search it on google.
- I recommend you to do factory reset first before flashing new ROM. So, in recovery mode go to Wipe and swipe to confirm and this will do factory reset of your device.
- After wiping done successfully, go to main screen and then tap on install.
- Now you will land to file manager, select the Custom ROM file which you have downloaded and put in sd card or internal.
- Once you have selected the custom ROM zip file from your sd card, it will ask you for confirmation to confirm flashing process. Swipe to Flash Custom ROM.
- Now wait for few minutes until it finishing installation of Custom ROM. It may takes 5-10 minutes to finish. Don’t turn off your device or pull pot your battery while flashing process.
- After flashing finishes, it shows you an option of wipe cache & dalvik cache. Tap on that and it will wipe out the cache from your device.
- That’s it all done! Now simply reboot your phone, it will take some time on first boot so don’t get panic.
Now you have successfully installed custom rom in your android device. After flashing custom ROM to use google apps like google play, google plus, gmail, etc. you need to install Gapps in your android device because most of the custom ROMs don’t come with pre-installed Gapps. So, you have to download and flash Gapps in your device manually. In my next article I’ll discuss how to install Gapps in android device having custom ROMs. Have a look on Free Premium Facebook Social Toolkit and Best Way to Unblock Facebook Restriction At Schools.
Thats all guys, this is the complete guide on How to Flash Custom ROM in Any Android Device. If you have any query of suggestion mention it on comment section. Thanks for visiting and stay connected for more updates. Subscribe to our website to get notification of latest post and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, Google+ and Tumblr.