If you have decided to start a blog and become a blogger, that’s a great thing. This is because may be you are passionate about any thing that you want to share with the world or may be you want to make money online or may be you want to build an online business and you heard that blogging is one of the best way to get started. Whatever is the reason behind your decision of becoming a blogger, I’m here to help you.
Start A Site To Become A Blogger:
1. Get Your Domain Name:
A Domain Name is an identification string which defines your area of administrative autonomy and authority over internet. Domain names are generated by the rules and procedures of the Domain Name Servers. Any name registered in the DNS is termed as domain name. It is used in application-specific naming, various networking contexts and addressing purposes. Generally, it represents an Internet Protocol resource, like a personal computer is used to access the internet. Similarly, it is a server computer hosting a website or website itself or any other service communicated over internet.
You can’t have a website without a domain name. It is just like a street address that tells people where you live, a domain name helps visitors to land directly to your website. So first thing you will need is to get a domain name i.e. “www.yourdomain.com”.
How to Select a Domain Name?
Important guidelines for selecting a domain name:
- It should be related to your Niche i.e. the topic around which you are going to make your website.
- It should be easily remember-able. So that, it should leave a mark on visitors mind.
- It should be short, containing 2-3 words which is easily memorable.
- It should not contain numbers and special characters. If required your should go for that.
Domain extensions should be selected according to the type of website and country targeted audience for your website. Some of the domain extensions with their entity are:
- .com – Commercial
- .net – Network
- .org – Organization
- .edu – Education
- .gov – Government Agencies
- .us – United States of America
- .in – India
First three domain extensions are most used extensions (.com, .net, .org). It is not necessary to go for these extensions only but these are highly recommended and preferred. You should go for any domain extension according to your choice and its availability.
Where to Buy a Domain Name?
There are so many website available online to buy a domain name. The most used and recommended platforms are:
2. Get a Hosting for Your Domain:
A Hosting service is a type of Internet Hosting Service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via World Wide Web. Web hosts are companies which provide space on a Server owned or leased for use by clients, as well as providing connectivity over Internet, mainly in a data center. It can also provide data center space and connectivity over Internet for other servers located in their data center. It is also known as Housing for domain names.
Types of Hosting:
- Shared Hosting: Shared web hosting is a web hosting service where many websites reside on one web server connected via Internet. Generally, it is the most economical option for hosting, as the overall cost of server maintenance is get distributed over many clients.
- Virtual Private Server Hosting: A Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet Hosting Service. A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system and clients may have Superuser Level Access to that OS instance, so they can use almost all software that runs on that OS.
- Dedicated Hosting: A dedicated hosting is a type of Internet hosting in which the client leases an entire Personal Server not shared with anyone else. It is more flexible than Shared Hosting and VPS Hosting, as it has full control over the server including choice of operating system, hardware, etc.
Where to buy Hosting?
There are so many website available online to buy a web hosting. The most used and popular platforms are:
3. Setting Up Your Website:
After getting a domain name and hosting, you have to set up your website
- Add your DNS to your Domain Name
- Go to c-panel of your hosting
- Add on domain
- Install WordPress
- Setup WordPress
4. Start to Write A Blog:
After installing WordPress and finishing WordPress Setup, all you need to login to WordPress c-panel via “www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/” and go to Post → Add New and Write Your First Blog Post. When you finishes your post just click on Publish button to get your Blog online world wide on your website.
That’s all guys, after doing this steps your website get online and you will become a blogger. If you get any problem or have any query or suggestion, then leave a comment so that I’ll help you. Thanks for visiting and stay connected for more updates.